Adobe Camera Raw EA only gives a value for Lion or greater machines.

tomt
Valued Contributor

I have an EA that pulls the version number of the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in on machines with the CS5 suite. It only seems to be returning info on 10.7 and 10.8 machines.

This is my EA:

#!/bin/bash

# get the current version of the Camera Raw plug in

echo -n "<result>"

defaults read /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS5/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin/Contents/Info.plist CFBundleShortVersionString

echo "</result>"

If I run just the command <defaults read /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS5/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin/Contents/Info.plist CFBundleShortVersionString> on 10.7 it returns the correct value (6.7 (339)).

When I try it on a 10.6.8 machine it returns:
"The domain/default pair of (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS5/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin/Contents/Info.plist, CFBundleShortVersionString) does not exist"

I've done some googling but haven't found anything that pointed me to a cause or solution. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cvgs
Contributor II

Just drop the ".plist" at the end of your path. The defaults command did not like paths ending in plist up to 10.7.
From the manpage: "Domains may also be specified as a path to an arbitrary plist file, omitting the '.plist' extension".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cvgs
Contributor II

Just drop the ".plist" at the end of your path. The defaults command did not like paths ending in plist up to 10.7.
From the manpage: "Domains may also be specified as a path to an arbitrary plist file, omitting the '.plist' extension".

tomt
Valued Contributor

Christoph, if we are ever in the same place at the same time your beers are on me!

Thanks,
Tom