Adobe Creative Cloud Packager question

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

We've been using Creative Cloud Teams for a while and when a user is added to the team, they get a welcome email asking them to create an Adobe ID and then they are presented with a download link for the CC Desktop App. I'm trying to streamline the process a little bit by not having the user download the CC Desktop app from the adobe site. I used CCP to make a package that is only Photoshop and the CC desktop app. My goal is to just put this in Self Service for users who have been approved for it and that will not only install the desktop app but also get Photoshop installed so the computer gets properly scoped for some smart groups in JSS. I used this package to install on a brand new Mac. The user previously setup her Adobe ID earlier, so I had her login to the CC Desktop App on this Mac so we can install the rest of the apps she will need. The problem is that there is no Apps tab displayed for her. I checked her Adobe ID and her membership in our Adobe admin console page is the same as everyone else's.

Is the Apps tab not displayed because I installed it from CCP? If so, is there a way to be able to use CCP and the Desktop app for Adobe software installs? If this isn't the case, what would cause the Apps tab to not display? It's a brand new Mac and a brand new user setup on this computer. Any suggestions for how I can fix this so she can install the apps she needs? Packaging up every conceivable Adobe app for distribution through JSS is not feasible because our teams have varied needs. Photoshop is the only app that is universally needed so I don't mind packaging that one up to speed up the process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

If anyone is curious, I had to completely uninstall Photoshop and then the Creative Cloud app and start over with only the Creative Cloud app that was NOT packaged via CCP. So much for trying to streamline the process. Apparently you can NOT mix deployment strategies. It is one or the other but not both.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

If anyone is curious, I had to completely uninstall Photoshop and then the Creative Cloud app and start over with only the Creative Cloud app that was NOT packaged via CCP. So much for trying to streamline the process. Apparently you can NOT mix deployment strategies. It is one or the other but not both.

chad_fox
Contributor II

The apps tab is a bug in the CC Desktop application. We ran into this issue a couple times and I ended up packing the config file (.xml) and pushing it to machines with the issues.

It's located in:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs

You'll need to change the 'false' to 'true'.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1648803

hkabik
Valued Contributor

68088ba497a942d9a6c72d789bdb91d5
Did you check the box in the image? This is essentially the deployment strategy I use (a base level package via SS that inlcudes the core desktop app, Photochop, Illustrator and InDesign) and it works just fine, apps tab is displayed.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Do you know if the "Show Applications and Updates..." box was checked or unchecked?

1a3e62d71159411fab49c588d8b13052

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I did make sure that box was checked. That's why I was confused about why we didn't see it after the installation. I'm not going to bother editing the .xml file. It's just not worth dealing with the pain. I've got bigger fish to fry. Installing just the CC desktop app and doing the initial downloads through that isn't optimal, but it is an "OK" solution. I can breathe easy knowing that the RemoteUpdateManager script I have wrapped up in a Self Service Policy usually works quite well. Sometimes you gotta pick your battles. :)