Adobe Creative Cloud Packages Failing

krdell
New Contributor

Has anyone had much experience with this? The pkgs I create from the CCP install fine when I run the original pkg but they fail when I import the pkg into Casper Admin then try and run via Self Service. I've tried importing the pkg into CA as well the old trick of putting the packages on a DMG, using the script linked from https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161 and both method fail after a time in SS. Please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

Have you checked the permissions of the PKG contents? I've had issues in the past where AAMEE (I know it's different, but CCP is based on it) didn't set the permissions correctly on update packages.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

krdell, from what I'm seeing in my initial testing the installers are not ignoring conflicting processes like they did in CS6. I had to close all applications to get the installers to complete. YMMV on that.

kagibson
New Contributor III

Hi, We released CCP 1.2 yesterday which resolved two bugs. One of those being that conflicting processes were not being ignored as you quite rightly pointed out jhbush. Krdell please pick up this new build and let me know if it does not resolve the issue.

krdell
New Contributor

Hi Thanks for the responses but it is still not working for me whether or not I have all my applications closed or not and am using CCP 1.2. Casper runs the install process for about 3 minutes then eventually fails. It install fine using the original package created by CCP so it likely is something on the Casper side. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I can try? Thanks in advance!

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

What are you running Casper on? By any chance is your CasperShare on an SMB volume? AAMEE and CCP packages can become corrupted by copying them to SMB shares (even if your policy uses http), there is a workaround:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161

krdell
New Contributor

It's running on afp but I'd tried that work around already as stated in my original post

krdell
New Contributor

Here is the erorrs that are being reported in Casper

Copying Adobe Photoshop '13...
Installing Adobe Photoshop '13...
Installation failed. The installer reported: dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Resources/runner) is setuid or setgid
installer: Package name is Adobe Photoshop '13 User
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Look in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers... what does the installation log for "Adobe Photoshop '13" say caused the error? Just to confirm, it doesn't work if nothing else is running/open on the machine?

krdell
New Contributor

On a fresh reboot with nothing else running, opening up SS and running my Photoshop package generates a failed install. I don't have an Installers directory inside /Library/Logs/Adobe/

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

Have you checked the permissions of the PKG contents? I've had issues in the past where AAMEE (I know it's different, but CCP is based on it) didn't set the permissions correctly on update packages.

krdell
New Contributor

Wow that worked, thank you so much!!! I gave read/write access to everyone and it installed fine using CCP 1.2 w/o having to use the scripting workaround

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

Great! Now, the question is, how do we formally submit that as a bug to the CCP team so it gets fixed?

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

Karl Gibson is on this thread so I'm sure he's aware of the issue.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Adobe has a very active enterprise deployment forum, engineers respond all the time:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_suite_enterprise_deployment

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

krdell
New Contributor

Thanks everyone

kagibson
New Contributor III

Sorry I lost track of this thread for a few days. Thank you for everyone who contributed to getting the issue resolved. I will speak with the team and see if we can get this issue of permissions resolved.

Cheers
Karl

kagibson
New Contributor III

@MSBlake can you advise what permissions on what folders were changed ? In our testing and the Jamf testing we have not encountered errors.

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

It was some of the update installers when you include package updates into your build. It's been a while since I looked in depth, so I don't remember specifically which ones though.

kagibson
New Contributor III

@krdell, perhaps you can share what changes you made to the package that allowed it to be successful ? We have again tested self service scenarios but could not find any issues.

Cheers
Karl

ronb
New Contributor II

Just now getting into Adobe CC installations, and we are getting errors on Casper logout installs (Installing AdobeProdPremiumCC.pkg...Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is AdobeProdPremium
installer: Installing at base path /installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.).
I have built this "Enterprise" Production Premium package with CreativeCloudPackager version 1.2.0.4. I used the default settings. Running the package locally installs fine. But when I put it in a Logout or Login policy, I get the same error. There is no Adobe Air or other misc installations in the package, just the main "Production Premium" suite of applications.
Not sure about changing the permissions idea would do, or how to change that.
I noticed the option in Casper Admin that it is an Adobe installer is greyed out. Is that necessary any more?
Will try caching it next.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

The Adobe installer options in Casper Admin is for CS3/CS4.
Definitely try the cache, then install cached (or, try installing manually by using installer -pkg /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/name-of-your-pkg-goes-here.pkg -target /

Also, look in /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers to capture the details on any installation failures...

dderusha
Contributor

ronb

we just downloaded the Creative cloud packager and the permissions were off when it was done making our pkg. To change the permissions I opened terminal.
type cd then drag the Build folder to the terminal window and it will list the path.
press enter.

now type sudo chmod -R 755 nameofmyadobeCC.pkg
press enter.

Before changing the permissions on the pkg the install errored with the same message as yours.

hope it helps
Dan

ronb
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan,

I had actually found that as a fix today. I was thrown off of this very solution mentioned earlier in the thread because my errors were different. What I found was that the following pieces were the source of the permissions issue -
Contents/Resources/Setup/Adobe Photoshop CC_8/payloads/AdobePDFSettings10-mul/AdobePDFSettings10-mul.pkg
Contents/Resources/Setup/Adobe Photoshop CC_8/payloads/AdobePDFSettings10-mul/AdobePDFSettings10-mul.sig
Contents/Resources/Setup/Adobe Photoshop CC_8/payloads/AdobePDFSettings10-mul/Media_db.db

Of course the command Dan suggested above covers the permissions of all the packages contents and fixes the problem.