Adobe Fuse Known Issue - Cache & Install Question - Unzip Adobe installer

apizz
Valued Contributor

Recently we became aware of a known Adobe Fuse issue (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2131616) that's causing the application to fail to launch. Apparently the only work around at the moment is uninstalling and reinstalling the application entirely.

To create an on-demand fix for this issue for our students, I've cached a Fuse installer (/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/Fuse.pkg.zip) on the machines that are experiencing this issue. However, Casper Imaging automatically zips Adobe PKGs and I haven't found a way to via the command line to unzip these so that I can create a policy to install the cached Fuse PKG installer. I don't want to use the JSS "Install Cached" option as this will then delete the cached installer. This way students and teachers can run a reinstall policy from Self Service without needing to redownload the installer.

Looking for help with scripting the unzip as I currently get the following error:

bash-3.2# unzip -ofb /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg.zip -d /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ Archive: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg.zip warning [/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg.zip]: 154754617 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error [/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg.zip]: start of central directory not found; zipfile corrupt. (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

apizz
Valued Contributor

I love getting to answer my own questions! I was able to unzip the file with tar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

apizz
Valued Contributor

I love getting to answer my own questions! I was able to unzip the file with tar.

apizz
Valued Contributor

So I have one policy cache the Adobe Fuse installer and a Self Service policy that runs the following script. Not sure why when unarchiving with tar it creates the resulting PKG as a directory (reason for the -d flags), but it installed all the same.

#!/bin/bash

DIR="/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room"
ZIP="$DIR/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg.zip"
PKG="$DIR/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg"

installFusePKG () {
    installer -pkg "$PKG" -target /

if [ $? = 0 ]; then
        /bin/echo "Adobe Fuse Reinstall Successful!"
    else
        /bin/echo "Adobe Fuse Reinstall Failed."
    fi   
}

removeZIP () {
    if [ -f "$ZIP" ]; then
        rm -f "$ZIP"

if [ $? = 0 ]; then
            /bin/echo "Successfully Deleted Cached Adobe Fuse ZIP"
        else
            /bin/echo "Failed to Delete Cached Adobe Fuse ZIP"
        fi
    fi
}

if [ -d "$PKG" ]; then
    installFusePKG
elif [ -f "$ZIP" ]; then

tar -xf "$ZIP" -C "$DIR"

if [ -d "$PKG" ]; then
        /bin/echo "Adobe Fuse ZIP Successfully Extracted. Reinstalling ..."

installFusePKG
    else
        /bin/echo "Adobe Fuse ZIP Extraction Failed."
    fi

removeZIP
else
    /bin/echo "Adobe Fuse PKG & ZIP Not Found. Exiting ..."
    exit 1
fi

exit

apizz
Valued Contributor

Looked at the original Adobe CC install/uninstall PKGs made with Creative Cloud Packager and apparently Adobe makes these PKGs directories and not regular files. Very strange ...

2016techpro06:~ admin$ ls -l /Volumes/500GB/ADOBE_PKGS/ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE/Build/ total 0 drwxr-xr-x@ 4 admin 136 Jan 30 15:10 ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Install.pkg drwxr-xr-x@ 4 admin 136 Jan 30 15:10 ADOBE_CC_2017_FUSE_Uninstall.pkg

palmytomo
New Contributor

Good news for this Fuse failing to launch nightmare. (It was driving me crazy too.)

I've created a super-simple, few-seconds-to-fix-it guide.

See it at Tomo — Adobe Fuse - easy fix of launch