Adobe user's needing admin rights to add color libraries?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I'm generally of the believe that most user's shouldn't require admin rights on their machines. Recently I had a creative cloud user reach out because she needs to add some color libraries to their Illustrator and Photoshop. Looking at the screen capture they are getting added to the apps directly to the application within the /Application Folder (so something like /Applications/Photoshop/Presets/.../.../destination folder). Since the destination folder is technically within the /Applications folder macOS is prompting for admin.

I'm no expert in the Creative Cloud applications, so I was wondering if there's a better way for them to go about adding their swatches and other items, that may not require admin rights.

1 REPLY 1

honestpuck
Contributor

My users don't get admin either.

I get around this, and a number of other Adobe issues, by getting my users to point Creative Cloud at /Users/Shared to install their Cloud apps. It's one of the preferences. They also use the Cloud app to install their own apps rather than through Jamf and therefore none of the permissions become a problem.

Adobe seem not to let me set it for them so I have an install guide that tells them what to do.