Allow app to "find devices on local networks"

EWiggins
New Contributor II

Hello all,

First-time poster on Jamf Nation, so please criticize formatting, grammar, etc.

We use Bomgar Remote Support on our Macs, but when deploying to a test machine running Sequoia, I get the message "Allow Remote Support Customer Client to find devices on local networks?" It looks like a PPPC popup with options to "Don't Allow" or "Allow", but I can't find a corresponding PPPC setting. We already have Accessibility, SystemPolicyAllFiles, and ScreenCapture set up according to this deployment guide, and I don't see another PPPC option that looks related to this error message. I'm not even sure why this is a permission that needs to be allowed. It feels like the Windows message to "allow this device to be discoverable on local networks," but it's going the opposite way. Why would I need permission to go out on the network and connect to the Bomgar server from my endpoint? 

Has anyone else seen this popup before or something similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

byrnese
New Contributor III

You are on the right track. It is definitely something we'd expect to be manageable with PPPCs. However, Apple hasn't yet made it manageable, so it is not supported by Jamf. Until the keys are available, we'll be stuck waiting on Apple.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

byrnese
New Contributor III

You are on the right track. It is definitely something we'd expect to be manageable with PPPCs. However, Apple hasn't yet made it manageable, so it is not supported by Jamf. Until the keys are available, we'll be stuck waiting on Apple.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

This is working as intended, and yes it's very annoying. Apple has expressed they have no interest in letting us managed this popup. feedback.apple.com 

EWiggins
New Contributor II

Thank you both!

johnalimin
New Contributor

Screenshot 2024-10-11 at 2.17.25 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-10-11 at 2.17.06 PM.png