Allow Find My Mac

Atefeh
New Contributor II

Hey guys! I looked all over the discussions but didn't exactly find an answer to my question. I want to allow find my mac using command line to put it as a policy in Jamf. Since using the system pref we first enable location services and then check the FMM box inside, I tried following those steps and learned how to Enable location services from one of the discussions(sorry I don't remember the author!):

#!/bin/bash
# enabling location services
/usr/bin/defaults write /var/db/locationd/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.locationd LocationServicesEnabled -int 1
uuid=$(/usr/sbin/system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep "Hardware UUID" | cut -c22-57)
/usr/bin/defaults write /var/db/locationd/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.locationd.$uuid LocationServicesEnabled -int 1

but I don't know how to enable find my mac after that. Does anyone have any idea?

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Atefeh This doesn't answer how to turn on Find My Mac, but be aware that turning it on may also turn on Activation Lock for T2 equipped Macs (see Apple's About Activation Lock on your Mac support article). See Jamf's Leveraging Apple’s Activation Lock Feature with Jamf Pro article if you want/need to prevent that.