Allowing remote access through LogMeIn RescueAssist

gulibrary
New Contributor

Does anyone have experience with getting LogMeIn's RescueAssist installed and working on computers remotely? I've been able to push out the unattended installer through Jamf, but without being able to grant RescueAssist privileges through Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility I can view the user's screen but can not take remote control over the computer.

With our staff all working remotely and us not having previously used this software prior to going remote, I'm finding it impossible to remotely control these computers. Jamf Remote does not work - I assume due to the varying router firewalls that users have enabled at home. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

ralphaelhollins
New Contributor III

By using https://github.com/jamf/PPPC-Utility . You specify the LogMeInRescue app that is downloaded. You enable "Allow" under accessibility. Once that is done you click the "UpLoad" button. You will need to know all of your login credentials to JAMF to upload this as a Config Profile into your JAMF JSS. *(see screen shots) Once That is done it is in your JSS instance name the config profile then test it out on a test system. After the config profile successfully gets delivered to the test system the LogMeIn Rescue Tech has full control of the mouse and keyboard of the system.
e238562937304295a3403741bf703308

e0c4cf156f854a8387e6e3c832ae7174

dugnl
Contributor

This worked on my Mojave computer. This did not work on my Catalina computer.
https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-can-I-remote-control-a-customer-s-Mac-running-macOS-Catalina/?q=catalina&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

The Catalina computer, prompted for the Screen Recording. Screen Recording is not an option in the latest PPPC Utility.

wildfrog
Contributor II

Yeah. . .starting with Catalina, Apple doesn't allow PPPC to set Screen Recording. Whether using LMI, TeamViewer, whatever. . .user has to explicitly bless Screen Recording.

VijaySekharNaid
New Contributor II

@ralphaelhollins
you are 100% correct. But now version of LogMeIn rescue need both apps ( client and admin ). So within a configuration profile need to add both PPPCs. Now its working good.
0837ff78cbb44a51ba1016b6395db57c

VijaySekharNaid
New Contributor II

Using PPPC utility tool, add both apps ( Logmein client & admin) and generate the mobileconfiguration file, which will update in JAMF pro configuration profiles. then it will show like below. Its working 100%.

2f6505e75bc94d728a263c5d55455c87

By the Admin app are you referring to the technician console?

VijaySekharNaid
New Contributor II

adding somemore with @ralphaelhollins post
add LogMeInAdminConsole also add in the PPPC console then generate mobileconfiguration file, which includes both applications appaccess/identifier ea90c3188fa54e15904aaae9380c7d8f
items.