Amplify and iPads

danny33c
New Contributor III

We have the language arts, educational application called Amplify. Our students run into many issues using while accessing Amplify in Safari on their iPads. Three questions:

1. Do you use Amplify on iPads?
  2. Do your students have issues using it?
  3. Do you leverage JAMF in any way to alleviate issues they may have?

This may lead to a feature request for Apple/JAMF and the manipulation of Safari's advanced features.

Thanks,
Dan

6 REPLIES 6

sskelton68
New Contributor II

We use Amplify on iPads at our school. There isn't an app for Amplify. The students loging through the website. I don't know of them having issues. At least I'm not hearing about it. What kind of issues are you having?

danny33c
New Contributor III

Right, this is only through Safari, the Chrome browser did not work any better...

• Unable to type in boxes
  • Getting kicked out of website
  • White screens
  • Amplify Unresponsive
  • Words not showing up after typing
  • Authentication issues

Two engineer/techs came to our district to look at the issues and acknowledged the issues. Other sales have said that other districts using iPads were not having issues. We find that hard to believe. They suggested a few tweaks to Safari's advanced features, pop-ups off, javascript on, WebGL 2.0 on, constantly clear cache, then increase database size twice when the pop-ups appear. Thanks.

christina_luis
Contributor

We use amplify as well, it is only a webclip not an app. As far as I know there is no way to Leverage Jamf to help out with any issues. I found that reinstalling the webclip helped, clearing out web browsing history helped. Otherwise its is is usually an Amplify issue. I have had all of the same issues as danny33c.

I hope these comments help you out. Christina

danny33c
New Contributor III

That's the response I'm looking for @christina_luis !!!!!

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

We've had similar issues with mClass and in fact had an uptick in issues since last week. Mostly authentication, kicked out of the site, freezing, stalled progress monitoring sync, etc. No rhyme or reason nor have I found any clues to believe it's the device causing the issues.

danny33c
New Contributor III

@mainelysteve It's possible the same steps to alleviate our issues may help yours as well. Also, sometimes the iOS and/or the website vendor will make changes to security making it necessary to tweak or add exclusions to your web-filter.

Safari Settings:
- Pop-ups off
- Javascript on
- WebGL 2.0 on
- Clear Safari cache
- Students all on the latest iOS.

Anyone else out there have issues with Amplify (or mClass)?

Thanks,
Dan