Amsterdam JUG?

charliwest
Contributor II

Would there be any interest in starting a JAMF User Group meet up in the Amsterdam (NL that is) area?

87 REPLIES 87

Niels_Illem
New Contributor II

Yes there is! Count me in!

hcodfrie
Contributor

Same here when and were ;)

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Totally!!!
Count me in!!!

markkenny
New Contributor III

Very interested, but real JAMF beginner.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Give me a floor to crash on & I might be able to make the flight... (Well I can ask the boss).

NTmatter
New Contributor II

Count me in. Sounds like some good fun.

DeployAdam
New Contributor III

Most definitely!

mvught
Contributor

Yes, count me in!

charliwest
Contributor II

Cool, nice that there is some interest. I don't really know what they normally would involve, shall we maybe meet for a beer (other drinks are available ;) ) and keep it informal and see where we want to take it?

@bentoms I'm sure we can sort something out if you wanted to pop over, no doubt we would need to do it on a fri so you get the weekend in Amsterdam afterwards right? :D

Patrick_Phang
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@dwest, nice that you started this conversation about an Amsterdam JAMF User Group.
Of course this didn't go unnoticed and we're having discussions here how we can support this User Group.
I'll probably have some info soon.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

@dwest Great idea as a first meeting!

Few roomy chill places I can think of is:
Coco's Outback http://www.cocosoutback.com/
St. James Gate http://www.stjamesgate.nl
The Tara Bar http://www.thetara.com/nld/

Quite a few places in Liedseplien also, but I hang out there and tend to get easily distracted :P

charliwest
Contributor II

I was thinking beer temple (I'm an IPA man) but any of those is a good idea, depends how many people can make it to how big we need to go. If we decide we want to do some serious presentations etc in the future I think I can get some space at work in our training room (on singel)

Thanks Patrick, looking forward to hearing how you guys might be able to support us.

When would people like to get started? At the moment the week of 7th July looks the emptiest for me.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Hi all,

Sounds good to me! I will see if we can host at my shop also.

I'm usually free weeknights after 6pm.

Looking forward,
-pat

Patrick_Phang
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@dwest, hope to have the official document tomorrow for these kind of events.
When we are involved in these kind of events, there usually is a short session or sessions about a certain topic that has to do with the Casper Suite or some other Mac admin subject.
This subject is chosen by you guys.
Next to this, we provide some pizza's for example and some first round drinks.

Hope to have some more info for you all tomorrow

Patrick_Phang
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@dwest, there's a mail on your way

jacvp
New Contributor

Good news,
I will meet up

hcodfrie
Contributor

Hallo Guy's ,

it's gonna be the 7th of July ?

charliwest
Contributor II

I meant some time that week for an initial get together, just meet up, see if people want to look through the doc JAMF sent me and then look at doing something a bit more official later, that sound ok with everyone?

jacvp
New Contributor

Any news about JUG Amsterdam ?

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Ditto

charliwest
Contributor II

Was just waiting to see if people were ok with a bar meet up first. If people are I will ask a bar if they can reserve us space for about 10-15 people by the looks of it?

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Yep! I'm down like disco!!

Post a few dates/times for options.

drewzilla
New Contributor

Hey Guys, would love to join up, but will not return until 12 july (and probably jet lagged, but might be good to stay up). If you guys could hold off until then, would love to be part of the partaking of some beer (and good conversation). Cheers, Drew

charliwest
Contributor II

Hi all, sorry had some family issues I had to go back to the UK for.

How about next wed we meet in Beer Temple (near dam square for those who don't know) and have a chat. starting around 6? Does that give people enough time to get in to town if your not working in the centre.

Cheers

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Hope all is well dwest!

I'm good for the Beer Temple. Wednesday July 16th @ 6pm.

-p

Niels_Illem
New Contributor II

I'll be there! Around 6 pm, have to take the train from Utrecht.

charliwest
Contributor II

@Niels.Illem @drewzilla @javcp @hcodfrie @mvught @DeployAdam @NTmatter @markkenny

Just a gental reminder that we will meet for some beers tomorrow evening from around 18:00 in Beer Temple in Amsterdam https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Beertemple/@52.371969,4.890412,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c609...
I will grab a booth at the back and we can meet up and then talk a bit about how we might like to go forward with a JUG (as I have never been to one or similar). Look forward to meeting a few of you.

@bentoms spare room is ready for you ;) although I will be flying into london for the CCE next week :)

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

See ya'll there!!!

-p

DeployAdam
New Contributor III

Sorry guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Have a great evening!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Yea I'll not be able to make the flight either, damn it I hoped to.

I've got no holiday left this yea to book, but drop me advance notice & I'll try make one in the new year.

markkenny
New Contributor III

I'm in for a couple of hours. Have dinner plans at 8.30pm in Zuid.

martin
Contributor III
Contributor III

JUG in Amsterdam? Count me in!

mvught
Contributor

Count me in two!
(Ben erbij!)

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Real nice meet up yesterday. Sounds like we all have quite a bit to share, show and tell.
Let's think about the next meet. Where and when?

I can host in my office. We have a few large meeting spaces with flat screens, wifi and all that good stuff.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202713093731249129155.0004a9f24cfa7818ff6bd&msa=0&dg=feature

Look forward!
-pat

hcodfrie
Contributor

Looking forward for the next one also nice meeting you pat

charliwest
Contributor II

Hi all, late response I know, just back from the CCE course in London :)
Really good to meet a few admins and get a glimpse of what people are doing in their environment, will be nice to see something the next time.
A few people have asked about when the first official one will take place, do we have any ideas yet on dates?

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

I'm good for any date.

Niels_Illem
New Contributor II

How about October 3th?

Location? Somewhere with descent WiFi?

charliwest
Contributor II

Ok, so if its ok we will have it Oct 3rd and @pvader's office, shall I create the JUG officially?