Any Way to Track Wipe

mspikes
New Contributor II

We would like to track leases through JAMF and will set up a report to notify us of dates. The issue is that when a device gets wiped, all information is removed. I have two questions regarding this?

Is there a way I can have certain information automatically added to the device after a wipe? As it is right now, most information like who it is assigned to is removed and replaced with a serial number

Is there a way to notify me that there has been a wipe that includes the information before the wipe? As in user and location information.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You can change reenrollment behavior, and tell it to not flush things like policy logs. However, as the device enrolls it is going to update things like assignment and the such which you cannot prevent.

There is not really a way within JAMF to track devices that have been wiped, or even reenrolled. You can make a smart group to report to you when a device is enrolled, but that would be every enrollment and not just reenrollments. Of course in a device wipe, any logs you try to store on the device are lost.

A 3rd party inventory tool that uses API with JAMF may help, but this is beyond JAMFs abilities as it is designed.