Anyone Else Having Issues Restoring iPads After Updating To iOS 10.2.1?

fantryr
New Contributor

We are currently having issues restoring iPads after they have been updated to 10.2.1. We are upgrading some people to iPad Air 2's mostly from iPad 4's. We have them update to 10.2.1, backup their iPad 4 to iCloud and then restore it on an iPad Air 2. We are selecting the restore from backup option, it does the restore but when it gets to the sign in page to enroll it in the MDM it just locks up after you put the credentials in. It never times out and stays there till you do a hard reset and then it prompts for the credentials again. We are able to replicate this issue with different iPads and users. Anyone else running into this?

P.S. all these iPad's are in DEP.

2 REPLIES 2

bfrench
Contributor III

We have had this happen as well - but not just with 10.2.1. It seems to happen when a user has signed into their device with multiple accounts over time - but we are not sure it is the cause. Our only solution was to make sure they had backed up anything they wanted to keep in another way (google/dropbox) - and then set up as new.

ericahuls
New Contributor

You can no longer restore from iCloud backups after one of the latest releases (I can't remember if it was an Apple release or a JAMF Pro release or a combo of both). Unfortunately, my MS students break at least one iPad a week so I've been dealing with this issue for a couple of months now. JAMF is aware of it. It's been a huge pain.