APNs Certificate Expiration/Renewal

eanderson
New Contributor

Our APNs Certificate is about to expire and I am curious about how to renew the certificate and what impact that will have. Our certificate was created with our Apple Developer Account, not the new non-developer method.

1. How do you renew the Certificate? (I only see the options to Download and Revoke through the developer interface)
  2. What happens when the certificate expires? Are iOS clients no longer able to receive push notification (i.e. not managed)?
  3. When the certificate is renewed, how can we distribute it to the iOS devices? Do the devices have to be re-enrolled to get the new certificate?
2 REPLIES 2

francksartori
New Contributor III

Hi. Did you get any information about the problem you expose ? I've just gone to the developer portal and now, I do not see anymore the configure button which should permit to renew the production certificate before it expires !

lmeinert
New Contributor

I believe you can go to-->Settings-->General Settings-->Server Configuration-->Click on link replace with certificate from the JSS's built in CA. Restart Tomcat and you should be good to go. Seemed to work for me!