App deployment with no user interaction - not able to get PPPC correctly

esantos
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hello everyone.

I am deploying Snapcomms, a screensaver-type application to be used by our communications department. The pacakge is installed successfully, but it needs access to PPPC settings. 

I am using the command codesign -dr - /Applications/Snap\ Client.app to get information about what settings to utilize. These are the settings I got:

esantos_1-1667340471193.png

However, the deployment errors with this message:

In the payload (UUID: EF17794A-9081-4D7B-944F-EAA52BDA761F), the key 'CodeRequirement' has an invalid value.
I contacted the company's support, but we don't have any new information yet.

I am looking for suggestions in case someone has already deployed Snapcomms with Jamf or suggestions about troubleshooting this issue.

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Keith_L
New Contributor III

The format should be as such:-

anchor apple generic and identifier "com.snapcomms.osx.SnapClient" and (certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = "NSTXJ25X53")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Keith_L
New Contributor III

The format should be as such:-

anchor apple generic and identifier "com.snapcomms.osx.SnapClient" and (certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = "NSTXJ25X53")

esantos

Keith,

Yes, after using you CodeRequirement suggestion I don't see the error any longer. I appreciate your help. 👏

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Absolutely learn how to do things the long way first, but formatting on the code requirement can be a bit annoying. I found a tool some time back that gives you all this in a text dump, along with an icon you can upload to JAMF.

HCS Technology Group - Show Me Your ID 2.0 (hcsonline.com)

esantos

Thanks for the reference. I run this tool and it does provide clear information that I can use to set up PPPC profiles to deploy. Didn't do the trick for Snapcomms but sure will be useful in the future.
Thanks!