Apple - Apple School Manager Website - Login Issues?

EduTech
New Contributor III

I was wondering if anyone else on this board uses Apple School Manager website in conjunction with JAMF and has frequent issues of logging in or getting kicked out? I am wondering if it is just our accounts...? I've tried separate wifi and our login success is about 40%.

5 REPLIES 5

jgwatson
Contributor

I did until I only used Safari.

Chrome wasn't working as well - go figure!

Templarion
New Contributor II

Getting kicked out of ASM or JAMF?

It hasn't happened lately for me, but I used to get kicked out of jamf pro quite frequently; I found that using Chrome tended to work better for jamf pro, especially if you have multiple tabs open.

As for ASM, I have not had issues logging in. The timeout for their website is 10 minutes (I think), so getting logged out automatically happens quickly.

thejenbot
Contributor III

Not sure if this helps, but on Windows in Google Chrome I often go to school.apple.com and notice that the cells where I would enter my credentials never load - there is just a blank white space. I've found that if I hit f12 and right click on the refresh button, then select "empty cache and hard reload," the page comes back up normally and does let me log in.

Look
Valued Contributor III

I have pretty common issues with school.apple.com, it comes and goes, sometimes I can log in and out all day no issues, other times it just won't play nice.
I don't think JAMF has anything to do with the issue, it's long before I am getting to a point where it would be relevant that I have issues.

joshjohnson
New Contributor

I've been having issues with Chrome and ASM on Windows. At first, if my session would time out I would have to clear cache to get the sign in page to load again. Now for the last 2 weeks, apps and books will not load using Chrome, it just spins. I opened a case with Apple's Enterprise Support but no resolution yet. We captured some logs, it seems to error out when trying to access VPP info. Alternatively, I have been successful using Safari. Hopefully, there will be a fix for the current Chrome issues soon.