Apple School Manager / Apple Business Manager interface change?

fernando_gonzal
Contributor

Anybody notice a change today in the interface to Apple School Manager / Apple Business Manager?

e39bf841fb9147708b825cb67f85f402

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrRoboto
Contributor III

Yep! Mine changed on Friday and for the first half of the day was non-functional. Had to wait until the afternoon to be able to assign AC2 imported devices to an MDM server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MrRoboto
Contributor III

Yep! Mine changed on Friday and for the first half of the day was non-functional. Had to wait until the afternoon to be able to assign AC2 imported devices to an MDM server.

RLR
Valued Contributor

Yep, no longer have csv option but people say you can copy and paste serial numbers into the search bar with space or commas. Also read there is a limit of 500 at a time but not sure about this. Seems like they removed some functionality!

Christopher_Baw
New Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should be seeing a "Device Assignments" where you can assign devices via Serial, Purchasing Oder etc.. correct? Mine has been gone since I had to log in to accept the new terms & conditions for the software upgrades. I wonder if this is a bug or if it was moved.

Edited: Just saw the post above me. Thank you for explaining what has happened.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Well I guess I can hang up my still in the wait queue phone call with Apple. I'm also seeing at least 3000 more devices than we currently have in inventory. Some match up with serial numbers of older devices. Even stranger is that it's showing devices that aren't even DEP/ADM compatible like iPad 2's, poly MacBooks, 3rd gen Apple TV's. Happy Monday!!

Emmert
Valued Contributor

iPad 2s are DEP compatible...

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@Emmert Interesting. I tried adding those early on (2013-14ish) and it would never accept the serial numbers. Perhaps an id-10t error on my part then.

I no longer have those so I'm not too worried, but having hardware that I've AMF'd from my inventory years ago show up in DEP when it never was to being with is a little annoying. Hoping it's just a glitch as I'd hate to spend time sorting though this.