Apple Sign In Required during App Installation but won't allow sign in on iPads

mirandas
New Contributor II

I am in the process of distributing 70 Air 2 iPads through Casper Suite. I have followed all of the steps in the manual, however when I push an app to install automatically, the iPad requests me to sign in with an apple ID. I signed in with the apple ID during installation and it is still signed in under Settings>iCloud, but does not allow me to sign in when prompted or in the App Store. When I click "Sign In" when prompted it not only doesn't allow me to sign in, the prompt keeps popping up numerous times. I cannot distribute any apps. I need to distribute these iPads this week and they have no apps.

3 REPLIES 3

russeller
Contributor III

If you are installing the apps with "Device-Assignments" have you made sure you have sufficient licensing from the VPP store and also that licensing has been synced to the JSS by going to Settings > Global Management > VPP > Name of Account used > Content > iOS > if the licensing isn't correct you can use the "Refresh" button, or the "Update Content" button. (This is all from memory so might be slightly off). If you don't see any content at all, I've had to reload (renew) the token for the VPP account to make the JSS show the content but there is probably another way of doing that.

You'll also want to make sure the iPads are running iOS 9.

Good luck.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @mirandas, there's a few things it could be, are you planning on deploying these for users on a 1-to-1 basis, or are they shared devices? And are you all set up for VPP managed distribution?

rchawla
New Contributor III

Same problem here. Eventually the apps distribute but it is hit or miss. Any other suggestions?