AppleID Request on Network Account

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to get rid of the AppleID request on the first time a network homed user logs in? All the scripts for the user template work fine for a non-network homed user, but every script I try to run on the network users runs after the dialog appears...

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Lhsachs
Contributor II

Are you sure you want to get rid of it? With the world of VPP (Volume Purchase Program) - It's a nice way to make software available to your users...

Up until recently - our techs just skipped AppleID when delivering systems..

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

You can supress this either with a shell script, or a configuration profile. Our preference is a config profile these days. Here's a guide, there's a link to our github page with example profiles that you can use:

http://www.amsys.co.uk/2015/blog/creating-config-profiles-instead-first-boot-script/#.VQbEtEIXdfk

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help, I am going to try the Config profiles idea... I did try using config profiles, but I must have done it wrong...

Lhsachs, the reason I don't want AppleID logins is that these are "Lab" machines. No assigned user. This seems to be a thing of the past (As is obvious by Apple's current direction, and getting rid of Workgroup Manager), but when you have 1-1 iPads, sometimes students just need a computer!!

stevevalle
Contributor III

I push out the com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist file to the users Preferences folder during imaging. I also add it to the User Template Folder so the iCloud setup assistant is skipped for all new users too.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist

<key>DidSeeCloudSetup</key>
<true/>

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

If you are moving pre-compiled preference files around there are a few other keys to include:

• LastSeenCloudProductVersion
  • GestureMovieSeen
  • LastSeenBuddyBuildVersion

You can grab a copy of our config profile to stop iCloud here (SupressiCloud.mobileconfig): https://github.com/amsysuk/public_config_profiles/tree/master/First_Boot_Profiles

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help davidacland, I now have it working.. Turns out, I had made one mistake when I made the plist, and imported it yesterday, I assigned it to user level, not computer level in Casper!! Assigning it to computer level works!!!

Thanks!!

Just got to remember to change it when 10.10.3 comes out!

tim_rees
Contributor

And... it stopped working.... Can anyone explain Apple's hatred of making life easier for administrators?

tim_rees
Contributor

Hi All,

So it turns out, the best way to solve this problem, is to make a minimal base image, which has already had an Admin go through the Apple ID and iCloud settings. Instead of using the AutoDMG method to create the base OS. Bit of a pain, but... it works!