Application requires admin rights after installing

trhicks
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to package an application, specifically Charles Proxy, and I am able to get it to deploy fine, but the application requires admin rights to access the Mac proxy settings after the install. I can't seem to figure out how to grant these rights to the application before I deploy it to the users. Is there any trick to this or will this application now require admin rights to use?

I am just getting into application packaging so sorry if this is confusing, if there is anything I can clarify, let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

CSCC-JS
Contributor III

You could add a script to open the app after the install, it would have admin right when launched via Jamf. This would only work if it need admin rights just one time.

Policy
Install software pkg / dog
Script set to “after” that launch’s the program

CSCC-JS
Contributor III

(Can’t edit on mobile app)

Create an policy that launch’s the software from the Self-Service app the user can trigger when they need to launch it.

trhicks
New Contributor II

I ended up installing an old version of the application that worked without admin with a scripting workaround. I might test your solution too because I am interested to see if that works.

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

An easy way would be to create a policy in Self Service, and under "Files & Processes", add the following command (linked to where you install Charles Proxy):

/Applications/Charles.app/Contents/MacOS/Charles

Can confirm this worked for me