Application sent over ARD won't work on remote computer.

TechTico
New Contributor II

I have an App that I'm trying to send over ARD. It works on my local computer, and it's a self-sustained application (Standalone).

When I either copy it, or put it in a pkg and send it to install. When it arrives in the user's computer applications folder, it is greyed out, and when you try to open it says "You can't open the application "Application" because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

edickson
Contributor

Stupid question, does the user have admin rights on the machine?

joshuasee
Contributor III

"Damaged or incomplete" is often a cert issue, though it can be other things. Remove codesigning on the app or change ownership to root:wheel and see if that makes a difference.

seraphina
Contributor II

Before you transfer the application to the target machine, trying running this command on your machine xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Path/To/Application

TechTico
New Contributor II

Just as a follow-up to this issue.

@edickson The end user is not an admin on the machine, and we wanted it that way. @mlizbeth This command resulted in me getting another copy error.

What we decided in doing was that I copied the file over to the user's desktop, and immediately followed it with a unix script to mv the file to the applications folder using sudo and a no-prompt, so that nothing is visible to the end user. If they happen to see the file pop up on their desktop, it would be moved to the applications folder almost immediately. So it would pop up and then vanish.

After that I ran a script to execute the application, so it stayed on in the background (it was a printer management agent).