Application Usage logs - "No usage logs available"

MD56
New Contributor

Hi All,

(JSS 8.1)

Been tasked with pulling Adobe CS suite usage logs for all OSX users.

I was able to to create a template in Licensed software management which does populated a licensed used count of 300 or so. However, when I go into Application Usage logs and try to pull a log from any time frame, I get "No usage logs available"

Does the JSS capture these logs by or is there a feature that needs to be enabled? Any insight would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The feature has to be turned on under Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Application Usage.

It doesn't get enabled by default, but during initial JSS setup it will ask if you want it on or not. Either way, until that's on you won't be able to pull this report. Even after you turn it on, you're going to need to give it a while (read: days / weeks) to gather the data before you can pull anything useful.

Edit: Just curious, but any particular reason why you guys are still on JSS 8.1?

sbrosnihan
New Contributor III

After upgrading from 8.73 to 9.3, we lost all of our application usage log data. We had been collecting it for over a year. For example, Logic Pro X had over a hundred logged computers using it over the past year. Nothing after the upgrade, I'm only seeing a few entries after nearly a week of data collection and the rest in the 'Computers without logs' area. Fortunately, I have a backup of the db from before the upgrade, so we can either extract that history or downgrade, but this seems to be a problem. Also, in 9 there's no longer a way to adjust the time frame when viewing the logs and no handy "create smart group" capability in the unused license area.