Apps in self-service disappears after installing

anamul321
New Contributor II

Hello there,

I am a newbee to Jamf pro.

I have downloaded "office 365", used Jamf composer to package it. Uploaded it to the Jamf server and created 2 policies.

1: Install Office 365 (Make the policy available in Self Service is NOT TICKED)

2: Self service - Office 365 (Make the policy available in Self Service is TICKED)

I was told by a Jamf engineer, we need to create separate policies due to priority issues.

I currently dont have office 365 in my Mac (I deleted it) & the app is showing in self service for me to install.

I installed it through self service & its working fine but the app disappeared from self service. Why is that?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Anam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shannon_pasto
Contributor

Hi.

It sounds like you might have "Execution Frequency" set to "Once per. <something>" rather than "Ongoing" for your Self Service policy. You'll find this in the General section if your policy towards the bottom.

Shannon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shannon_pasto
Contributor

Hi.

It sounds like you might have "Execution Frequency" set to "Once per. <something>" rather than "Ongoing" for your Self Service policy. You'll find this in the General section if your policy towards the bottom.

Shannon

Thanks alot!! rookie mistakes :D

shannon_pasto
Contributor

haha! Don't stress...I still make that mistake from time to time

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

I was told by a Jamf engineer, we need to create separate policies due to priority issues.

Do you have more info on this? What priority exactly? Does the Self Service policy call the non-SS policy? Are there any other differences between the two?

So, I created 1 policy to install the app and make it available in the self service. For some reason, it wasnt showing up in the self service. He said, this is because of the priority the policy is running.
Didnt give much thought to it and just did as he said and created another policy just to show up in SS (freq ongoing).