Apps on ipads

schreifelsb
New Contributor

I am trying to deploy ipads to a classroom which will consist of using one apple id, a shared environment with 30 iPads. No sync cart. The teacher set up the "golden master" with 70 apps on it. Since I do not want these ipad apps to be associated to my apple id, how do I deploy these iPads? This will be the workflow for most of our school. Called Jamf support, they tell me I must put all 70 in the self serv and then install them onto the ipads. Are there other folks out there that are in the same situation? Are there any other workflows out there that may work for this situation? Touching each one of these (70 apps/ipad) is time consuming. It was suggested that the teacher should have their students do the "tapping" to install.

3 REPLIES 3

lhscasper
Contributor

Hi Barb,

I have a similar setup (although our iPads are 1:1) where we want our users to install about 50 Apps. I have loaded all these into the Self Service app and get the students to install. If they are free Apps, then you can have casper push the app to the ipad - the user gets a notification and they just tap install. Can't do this with paid apps though.

Since you are sharing a single apple id then the iPads can be setup to automatically download Apps so once they're installed on one device, the other devices can eventually download all the Apps automatically.

Cheers,
Chris.

schreifelsb
New Contributor

Hi Chris - How do I set up the ipads so that the others download the apps automatically? This would save so much time! I would guess this is under an icloud account? Which means the icloud account would need to be assigned to the 30 ipads only? Otherwise I would be sharing apps with other folks who are under this account. Right now, I have 80 ipads under one icloud account: for use of find my iPhone.

lhscasper
Contributor

Hi Barb,

there's a setting somewhere in iTunes, but on the iPad (Under 7.0) it's under Settings -> iTunes & App Store. At the bottom there are 4 settings, for Music, Apps, Books and Updates.

I think this is linked to the logged in App store account but I'm not sure. I've never tried having a different iTunes account and iCloud account but you could try that.

Cheers,
Chris.