Austin/Central Texas Folks, I know you're out there…

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Trying to get an idea of who the other Austin/Central Texas Casper users are out there. Business/government/education/etc. I ran into a few people at the JNUC that said to be Austin-based but I didn't see you at our User Group meetup so I'm interested to start connecting people and hopefully getting a healthy group started up for meetings and tacos what whatnot.

Post here and introduce yourself!

I'm at Volusion up in north Austin and we're using Casper for our Mac fleet. It'd be nice to connect with more Central Texas folks!

25 REPLIES 25

dkucmierz
Contributor

Was at the user group as a late, undocumented entry, still haven't been able to make it to a jnuc. maybe one of these years.

At Visa in north Austin

althea
Contributor

You know me! I held the fort while Mike went to JNUC. I don't think he came across any other Central Texas folks.

russeller
Contributor III

I'd love to get together for a JAMF meet up. I'm the Mac Admin for Leander Independent School District and use the Casper Suite. I'm about 30 mins north of Austin. Let me know when there is a meet up.

lastoch
New Contributor

I'm new to the the Austin area and new to casper so I would definitely be interested in a meet up.

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

Let's keep this thing alive. Now that the holidays are behind us, I'm able to devote a bit more time to meetups and other community-building activities.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Would love to get a meet-up going, maybe this month or next month? And maybe we can find a location that's a bit easier for folks to get to, something northish? Maybe something on Burnet?

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

Emily, would you mind coordinating this with Latora for this go-round? North Austin is totally fine by me. I'm pretty flexible on when it happens, as well.

Althea will not be able to join us for the next few months due to a schedule conflict, though.

dkucmierz
Contributor

I'll check with our facilities dept to see if it is possible to host it at our office. Building still under a lot of renovation, although most should be done with the next couple months. We're in Research Park complex, Oak Knoll & 183 if that would seem to be a feasible location.

Since our account is handled out of SF office, I still have yet to meet or speak to Latora in any fashion though.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Oh snap! Latora is da bomb. That sounds like a good location I think! I'll reach out to her and see what her thoughts are!

Ping @latora.dixon!

latora_dixon
New Contributor

I'm so happy to see all the excitement. The Austin Nation is growing. Please let me know how I can help!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I know there are more Casper folks out there in Austin, maybe they're just not on the forums yet. How do we spread the word?

jlong
New Contributor II

Also interested in a meetup. I'm a System Admin for HomeAway, which has offices all over Austin. My team is based at the Domain, so meeting northish is no problem.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@jlong Hi! I know a few people that work at HomeAway! Cool to know that they're using Casper.

althea
Contributor

So what gives? Is someone organizing a second meet up for the Austin area?

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

Holy cow, it's almost May! Anyone still up for this happening some time in the next month or so?

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I talked to @latora.dixon about it a few months ago but haven't heard anything since.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

latora_dixon
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

Emily and I discussed a meet and greet to get the community introduced. I recently checked out Punch Bowl Social, any thoughts?

mwilkerson
New Contributor III

Hook it up, Latora!

latora_dixon
New Contributor

All Done! I'll post to events today.

PunchBowl Social June 4th

6-8

latora_dixon
New Contributor

Posted!

latora_dixon
New Contributor

Is everyone registered? The meet up is Thursday.

dkucmierz
Contributor

oops, missed signup. I'll try to drop by. hopefully i can get out of my pst based meetings early. probably be about 6:30 for me

jlong
New Contributor II

I'm late on this, but wanted to thank Latora and Emily for making the meet-up happen at Punch Bowl. Great meeting everybody there, got a lot of helpful information, and it was refreshingly sales-pitch free. Thanks again.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Turns out Punch Bowl Social is a pretty cool venue! MUCH bigger on the inside than I imagined…

We're hoping for another user group meet-up in August. I'm also working on setting up some other social media engagement for Austin-area folks, like @austinappleadmn on Twitter. Hoping we can get a nice network together to schedule meet-ups, informal socializing events, stuff like that.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hey friends, we're having a happy hour at Fadó on Thursday. Come by if you can!!
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/austin-apple-admins-happy-hour-tickets-17888266286