AutoCAD 2021 Deployment with Network Server

Onkston
New Contributor III

Hey All,

This year Autodesk decided to change the installer for AutoCAD, Maya and Mudbox. Here's how I got AutoCAD to install silently since the new silent installer option is broken. You will want a policy to copy the app from the dmg to a temp directory. I used /tmp

EDIT: You only want to change the license server address in the script below. Nothing else.

#!/bin/sh

year="2021"
pkgpath="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app"
pkgPath1="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/lib.pkg"
pkgPath2="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/Packages/AdSSO/AdSSO-v2.pkg"
pkgPath3="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/Packages/Licensing/AdskLicensing-10.1.0.3194-mac-installer.pkg"
pkgPath4="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/licreg.pkg"
pkgPath5="/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/autocad2021.pkg"
pKey="777M1"
networkServer="LICENSE SERVER ADDRESS"
licPath="/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensingService/${pKey}_${year}.0.0.F"
licFile="LICPATH.lic"
lgsFile="LGS.data"

#Declare functions

runInstaller ()
{
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath1}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath2}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath3}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath4}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath5}" -target /

}

createLicenseFiles ()
{
    if [[ ! -e "${licPath}" ]];
    then
        /bin/mkdir "${licPath}"
    fi
    /usr/bin/touch "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
    /bin/chmod 777 "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
    /usr/bin/touch "${licPath}/${licFile}"
    /bin/chmod 777 "${licPath}/${licFile}"
    /bin/echo "SERVER ${networkServer} 000000000000" > "${licPath}/${licFile}"
    /bin/echo "USE_SERVER" >> "${licPath}/${licFile}"
    /bin/echo "_NETWORK" >> "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
}
licenceHelper ()
{
    /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensing/Current/helper/AdskLicensingInstHelper change --pk "${pKey}" --pv "${year}.0.0.F" --lm NETWORK --ls "${networkServer}"
}
cleanUp ()
{
    /bin/rm -rf "${pkgPath}"
}

#Run script

runInstaller
createLicenseFiles
licenceHelper
cleanUp
45 REPLIES 45

pitcherj
New Contributor III

What happens if you install the latest hotfix?

astrugatch
New Contributor II

Running the hot fix claims that we are running the latest version. Pulled the App out of the pkg and replaced the app in the applications folder and still get the same crashes. Tried on Catalina and Big Sur.

Qwheel
New Contributor II

Just weighing in for others. As we have a bunch of Macbooks within our institution, I had to package up the 2022 standalone versions for CAD and Maya.
I used the script proposed above by others but found the license section wasn't flawless. I suspect it's because spaces weren't escaped (I'm looking at you "Application\ Support").

When problem solving why licensing wasn't working, I tinkered a fair bit (adding "", sudo, \ etc) . Actually wasn't sure if /.config was even there but it was hidden (as .folders are...) .

But yeah, as I used the above scripts, I thought I'd show my CAD and Maya standalone 2022 corrections and share my experience getting it working.

#!/bin/sh
year="2022"
pkgpath="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app"
pkgPath1="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/lib.pkg"
pkgPath2="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/Packages/AdSSO/AdSSO-v2.pkg"
pkgPath3="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/Packages/Licensing/AdskLicensing-11.0.0.4854-mac-installer.pkg"
pkgPath4="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/LicregTool/licreg.pkg"
pkgPath5="/private/tmp/Install Autodesk AutoCAD ${year} for Mac.app/Contents/Helper/ObjToInstall/autocad2022.pkg"
pKey="XXXXX"
sn="XXX-XXXXXXXX"
licPath="/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensingService/${pKey}_${year}.0.0.F"
licFile="LICPATH.lic"
lgsFile="LGS.data"

#Declare functions

runInstaller ()
{
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath5}" -target /

}

licenceHelper ()
{
	#/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensing/Current/helper/AdskLicensingInstHelper register --pk "${pKey}" --pv "${year}.0.0.F" --lm STANDALONE --sn "${sn}" --cf /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/.config/ProductInformation.Pit -el US
	sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensing/Current/helper/AdskLicensingInstHelper register --pk "XXXXX" --pv "2022.0.0.F" --lm STANDALONE --sn "XXX-XXXXXXX" --cf /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/Adlm/.config/ProductInformation.Pit -el US
}

cleanUp ()
{
    /bin/rm -rf "${pkgPath}"
}

#Run script

runInstaller
licenceHelper
cleanUp

And for Maya, I found that the Autodesk build couldn't install MtoA (Arnold renderer). Don't know why it was failing but MacOS version was 11.5.X.
Excluded that line from the installer and went to their website. Using Composer, I dumped the PKG next to the Maya installer in /tmp and ran it from there in the order previously described.
Apologies for not having done the housekeeping to tidy it up, but I consider it useful to see what has been removed.

#!/bin/sh

year="2022"
pkgpath="/tmp/Install Maya ${year}.app"
helperpath="${pkgpath}/Contents/Helper"
pkgPath1="${helperpath}/Packages/Licensing/AdskLicensing-11.0.0.4854-mac-installer.pkg"
pkgPath2="${helperpath}/Packages/AdSSO/AdSSO-v2.pkg"
pkgPath3="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/Maya_AdLMconf2022.pkg"
pkgPath4="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/Maya_core2022.pkg"
#pkgPath5="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/MtoA.pkg"
pkgPath6="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/bifrost.pkg"
pkgPath7="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/MayaUSD.pkg"
pkgPath8="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/SubstanceInMaya-2.1.9-2022-Darwin.pkg"
pkgPath9="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/motion-library.maya2022-2.0.0.pkg"
PkgPathA="${helperpath}/Packages/Maya/Pymel2022.pkg"
pKey="XXXXX"
networkServer="YOUR LICENSE SERVER NAME HERE"
licFile="LICPATH.lic"
lgsFile="LGS.data"

#Declare functions

runInstaller ()
{
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "/private/tmp/MtoA-4.2.4-darwin-2022.pkg" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath6}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath7}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath8}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPath9}" -target /
    /usr/sbin/installer -verboseR -pkg "${pkgPathA}" -target /

}

#createLicenseFiles ()
#{
 #   if [[ ! -e "${licPath}" ]];
#    then
    #    /bin/mkdir "${licPath}"
   # fi
  #  /usr/bin/touch "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
 #   /bin/chmod 777 "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
#    /usr/bin/touch "${licPath}/${licFile}"
    #/bin/chmod 777 "${licPath}/${licFile}"
   # /bin/echo "SERVER ${networkServer} 000000000000" > "${licPath}/${licFile}"
  #  /bin/echo "USE_SERVER" >> "${licPath}/${licFile}"
 #   /bin/echo "_NETWORK" >> "${licPath}/${lgsFile}"
#}
licenceHelper ()
{
    sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/AdskLicensing/Current/helper/AdskLicensingInstHelper register --pk "XXXXX" --pv "2022.0.0.F" --lm STANDALONE  --sn "XXX-XXXXXX" --cf /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/ADLM/PIT/2022/MayaConfig.pit -el US
}
cleanUp ()
{
    /bin/rm -rf "${pkgPath}"
}

#Run script

runInstaller
#createLicenseFiles
licenceHelper
cleanUp

jbisgett
Contributor

Thanks @Qwheel, the updated script seems to be working. 

One issue I'm having is during the standalone activation. It is prompting the user to login, then associate an account to the license. Is there a way around this step?

Qwheel
New Contributor II
Don’t think so. You do it once on one machine, where it checks in against Autodesk server, then it skips the user step on every other device.
They just have to click ‘Activate’ and they’re away…

Get Outlook for iOS
-- Please click here to view our e-mail disclaimer http://www.aru.ac.uk/email-disclaimer

jbisgett
Contributor

Thanks. I can confirm that is the case after the first installation.