autopkg and Chrome

bmarks
Contributor II

This may not be the best forum, but I'm going to ask here nonetheless. When I try to use autopkg today to download Google Chrome, I get version 49.0.2623.112. However, the current version is 57.0.2987.133. I've never had to troubleshoot autopkg before so is anyone else having a similar issue or does anyone have an idea for how to fix something like this? I made sure autopkg was updated and I updated the repos too (using AutoPkgr.)

5 REPLIES 5

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

An autopkg run of GoogleChrome.download gets 57.0.2987.133 here.

Do you have a poorly-configured caching web proxy in the way maybe?

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

BTW, there is a discussion group for autopkg: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/autopkg-discuss

bmarks
Contributor II

Hmmm. I just ran it again and now I get the current version too. I tried 3 or 4 times earlier this morning. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Which recipe are you running? There's a few there, so knowing that, I'm getting current rev from the com.github.autopkg.pkg.googlechrome.
Also, AutoPkg is at vers 1.0.2., git 2.2.1.

bmarks
Contributor II

As mentioned by @gregneagle, it might have been something cached locally on my network. I realized after posting that the Office updates were out of date too. I'm not 100% sure that this was the case though, because after looking at time stamps in the Finder, I got a version of Google Chrome much newer than the version 49.x I was getting Monday when I used autopkg on April 5th. I use AutoPkgr too, and it had already altered me to update autopkg, so I'm certain everything was up to date. I even updated the repos because they were showing with orange dots instead of green. The only other thing I did was delete a repo (rtrouton-recipes.git) because I noticed "GoogleChrome.pkg.recipes" was showing up in search results for both that repo and the main recipes repo. However, that shouldn't have made a difference either because they both appeared to point to the same download URL. Something being locally cached seems to make the most sense, but I feel like if that was the case I would have gotten similar outdated results the last time I used autopkg on April 5th. I was using the command: autopkg run -v GoogleChrome.pkg