autoPKG JSSimporter problem: shows up red in Casper admin

kyoung
Contributor

I have an autoPKG, autoPKGr, JSSimporter setup I just installed. The pkgs are showing up in Casper admin colored red. Any ideas on what is wrong and what I might do about it? Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@kyoung how many DP's do you have?

kyoung
Contributor

What do you mean by DP.

bentoms

@kyoung Distribution Point.

kyoung
Contributor

one

bentoms

@kyoung Ah ok, red is showing missing files. It can happen when not updating your Master DP as that is what Casper Admin checks.

Is Casper Admin open whislt running AutoPKG?

kyoung
Contributor

Yes

kyoung
Contributor

Just ran autopkg again and this is what I got94f2026fb1384070bab083838f3b828a

bentoms

@kyoung Casper Admin shouldn't be open AFAIK.

blindcola
New Contributor III

Are you using a self signed SSL cert on this JSS?

kyoung
Contributor

I wish I knew for sure but I think so.

kyoung
Contributor

I just quit Admin and tried running autopkg again. Same error.

kyoung
Contributor

Is there some way to update the master DP that would help in this situation?

justinrummel
Contributor III

Check out the optional flags that you may have to enter in your blahblah as documented at: https://github.com/sheagcraig/JSSImporter#additional-preferences

JSS_VERIFY_SSL: Boolean (True or False). Whether or not to verify SSL traffic. Defaults to True, and recommended. (See below). JSS_MIGRATED: Boolean. If you have "migrated" your JSS (uses the web interface to edit scripts), set to True. Defaults to False. This only really comes into play if you have an AFP or SMB share and have migrated. JSS_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS: Boolean. If you are getting a lot of warnings from urllib3 or requests when running JSSImporter, you can disable the warnings by setting this to True. Defaults to False. Use at your own risk!

blindcola
New Contributor III

Looks like they are still working out SSL auth issues related to some changes made in the JSS.

https://github.com/sheagcraig/JSSImporter

your can try defaults write com.github.autopkg JSS_VERIFY_SSL -bool false

read the SSL area of his post.

kyoung
Contributor

OK. I think that will take me awhile so I will respond when I have an answer. Thanks.

rtrouton

When using a JSS with a self-signed certificate, you can import the Casper server's root CA onto the machine you're running AutoPkgr on in order to make the self-signed certificate trusted by both Python and AutoPkgr.

I have a post on how to do this available from here:
https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/adding-a-self-signed-casper-root-ca-as-a-trusted-root/

CGundersen
Contributor III

Thanks for the link @rtrouton . Also, it looks like JSSImporter was updated today:
Dire Weasel

kyoung
Contributor

Sorry I have taken so long to respond but our school was on our 2 week spring break.

@rtrouton has a procedure at derflounder that cleared up the original problem but now I have a new error.
9e9f0fa60848483fa454f592bb95f39e
Any ideas what I did wrong?