Autopkgr adding a self-service category every day?

cpizanias
Contributor

It seems every time autopkgr updates the packages it's creating a Testing category in the JSS which also appears in self-service. Is there a way to prevent it from adding that? I've been manually deleting that category but I'm sure there's a better workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@cpizanias are you getting the policy in JSS falling into the utilities category - and is text wrangler falling into productivity (you can check in casper admin)? or maybe is another recipe running/creating the testing category?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Hi @cpizanias

You'll want to do a recipe override and set the category to wherever you want the policies to end up.

exercise 3a here may help better explain from the great @elliotjordan Auto Update Magic

cpizanias
Contributor

@CasperSally Thanks!

cpizanias
Contributor

@CasperSally @elliotjordan I tried adding overrides but it still gives me the testing category every day. Am I doing something wrong here?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Identifier</key>
    <string>local.jss.TextWrangler-testing</string>
    <key>Input</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CATEGORY</key>
        <string>Productivity</string>
        <key>GROUP_NAME</key>
        <string>%NAME%-update-smart</string>
        <key>GROUP_TEMPLATE</key>
        <string>SmartGroupTemplate.xml</string>
        <key>NAME</key>
        <string>TextWrangler</string>
        <key>POLICY_CATEGORY</key>
        <string>Utilities</string>
        <key>POLICY_TEMPLATE</key>
        <string>PolicyTemplate.xml</string>
        <key>SELF_SERVICE_DESCRIPTION</key>
        <string>Free plain text editor with syntax highlighting, multi-file find/replace, and other advanced features.</string>
        <key>SELF_SERVICE_ICON</key>
        <string>TextWrangler.png</string>
    </dict>
    <key>ParentRecipe</key>
    <string>com.github.jss-recipes.jss.TextWrangler</string>
</dict>
</plist>

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@cpizanias are you getting the policy in JSS falling into the utilities category - and is text wrangler falling into productivity (you can check in casper admin)? or maybe is another recipe running/creating the testing category?

cpizanias
Contributor

@caspersally it's falling under productivity in casper admin. what happens after autopkgr runs is that it'll put it in the correct category in self-service for example but then putting every recipe in testing as well. i'm stumped.

Maybe I'm using autopkgr wrong? Should I only have it run the override or should it be running both? Currently it's set to run the recipe and the override.

Edit: I didn't realize I should only be running the overrides. Tested that way and now it works. Thanks.