AutoPkgr not updating JSS

jlbrown
New Contributor

I can get AutoPkgr to download packages to its Cache folder. My problem is that it does not seem to add them to JSS. Console shows:

16:06:15.155576 +1000 AutoPkgr Processing com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftExcel... 16:06:18.706065 +1000 AutoPkgr Processing com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftOutlook... 16:06:20.985152 +1000 AutoPkgr Processing com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update... 16:06:34.348017 +1000 AutoPkgr TIC TCP Conn Cancel [17:0x7fd5755b5b30] 16:06:34.348090 +1000 AutoPkgr TIC TCP Conn Destroyed [17:0x7fd5755b5b30] 16:06:48.961896 +1000 AutoPkgr [DEBUG] Found app and version: Office2011-1476Update_EN-US:14.7.6 16:07:02.000778 +1000 AutoPkgr Error [70] Error running recipes WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftExcel is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... __str__ returned non-string (type Error) Failed. WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.MicrosoftOutlook is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... __str__ returned non-string (type Error) WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... 16:07:02.001600 +1000 AutoPkgr [DEBUG] Completed AutoPkg Task: /usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/autopkg run --recipe-list /Users/me/Library/Application Support/AutoPkgr/recipe_list.txt --report-plist /var/folders/m5/2dx4g7mn3xb5yt7384grzhmm0000gn/T/com.lindegroup.AutoPkgr/20170725160614 -v --post io.github.hjuutilainen.VirusTotalAnalyzer/VirusTotalAnalyzer

On the Folders & Integration tab under Configure JSSImporter I can click on Connect, enter password and it gets the green dot to the right of the 'Connect' button.

Nothing gets added to the JSS when I run the recipes.

AutoPkgr 1.0.2, JSSImporter 0.5.1, Jamf Pro 9.99.0

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@jlbrown What kind of DP are you using? I believe AutoPkgr only supports AFP/SMB DPs, so if you're using a JDS DP that could be a problem.

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

try running the following command:

autopkg update-trust-info com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update

and try running that specific recipe to see if it works for you.

jlbrown
New Contributor

@StoneMagnet using SMB.

@ddcdennisb Running that command I get:

$ autopkg update-trust-info com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update does not appear to be a recipe override.

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

@jlbrown

Give this a read: https://github.com/autopkg/autopkg/wiki/Autopkg-and-recipe-parent-trust-info

jlbrown
New Contributor

I told it to make the override:

$ autopkg make-override com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update Override file saved to /Users/me/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeOverrides/Office2011Update.jss.recipe

Then ran:

autopkg update-trust-info Office2011Update.jss Wrote updated /Users/me/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeOverrides/Office2011Update.jss.recipe

But when I run the receipt I still get the trust warning, but also:

__str__ returned non-string (type Error)

The recipe no longer has a yellow warning triangle in the Status column.

jonlju
Contributor

I also get errors for Office-packages but they do get added to the JSS despite this.

For some packages I've had to add the "DISABLE_CODE_SIGNATURE_VERIFICATION"-key to the override for them to work however.

jlbrown
New Contributor

Thanks @jonlju I added the key to input stanza of : /Users/me/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeOverrides/Office2011Update.jss.recipe but still got the same.

<dict> <key>Identifier</key> <string>local.jss.Office2011Update</string> <key>Input</key> <dict> <key>CATEGORY</key> <string>Productivity</string> <key>CULTURE_CODE</key> <string>0409</string> <key>DOWNLOAD_URL_SCHEME</key> <string>http</string> <key>GROUP_NAME</key> <string>%NAME%-update-smart</string> <key>GROUP_TEMPLATE</key> <string>Office2011UpdateSmartGroupTemplate.xml</string> <key>NAME</key> <string>Office2011Update</string> <key>POLICY_CATEGORY</key> <string>Testing</string> <key>POLICY_TEMPLATE</key> <string>PolicyTemplate.xml</string> <key>SELF_SERVICE_DESCRIPTION</key> <string>Updates for MS Office 2011.</string> <key>SELF_SERVICE_ICON</key> <string>Office2011Update.png</string> <key>VERSION</key> <string>latest</string> <key>DISABLE_CODE_SIGNATURE_VERIFICATION</key> <string>True</string> </dict>

Error is:

Error [70] Error running recipes WARNING: com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update is missing trust info and FAIL_RECIPES_WITHOUT_TRUST_INFO is not set. Proceeding... __str__ returned non-string (type Error)

Any ideas how to fix the returned non-string error?

jlbrown
New Contributor

Sorry to keep this thread going endlessly! Thanks for your help so far.

Watching Console as I ran a recipe I found that AutoPkg outputs a 'report' to /var/folders/m5. It says:

<key>failures</key> <array> <dict> <key>message</key> <string>Error in com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update: Processor: JSSImporter: Error: __str__ returned non-string (type Error)</string> <key>recipe</key> <string>com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update</string> <key>traceback</key> <string>Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/autopkg", line 2024, in run_recipes autopackager.process(recipe) File "/Library/AutoPkg/autopkglib/__init__.py", line 481, in process % (identifier, step["Processor"], unicode(err))) AutoPackagerError: Error in com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update: Processor: JSSImporter: Error: __str__ returned non-string (type Error) </string> </dict> </array> <key>summary_results</key> <dict> <key>pkg_copier_summary_result</key> <dict> <key>data_rows</key> <array> <dict> <key>pkg_path</key> <string>/Users/me/Library/AutoPkg/Cache/com.github.jss-recipes.jss.Office2011Update/Office 2011 14.7.6 Update.pkg</string> </dict> </array> <key>header</key> <array> <string>pkg_path</string> </array> <key>summary_text</key> <string>The following packages were copied:</string> </dict> </dict>

As you can see, nothing gets copied to the JSS.

Not sure what next step should be to fix this.