Big Sur New Accounts

emptypony61
New Contributor III

I just update some iMacs to Big Sur and I am having trouble pushing a new local account to the computer. I have wiped them and reloaded from scratch and still nothing. I also renewed the MDM profile. Also Deleted the .applesetupdone file. I thought it was my payload so I deleted it an recreated a new config policy. The Admin account works fine but the Standard user doesn't login or doesn't get created. Anyone had issues like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emptypony61
New Contributor III

So I had a  Configuration Profile to setup the account that stopped working after big sur and had to move it to Computer Policy. That got it working again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

emptypony61
New Contributor III

So I had a  Configuration Profile to setup the account that stopped working after big sur and had to move it to Computer Policy. That got it working again. 

Steven5342
New Contributor III

I have this as a computer policy and does not work. Same issue listed above. What is the Home Directory Location for your policy  @emptypony61 ?

It's been a while and I am fairly sure I had a policy collision on this issue. As it was creating the account in two different policy's once I went with one it started to work.

Steven5342
New Contributor III

Found the issue to be I had a policy install a profile photo to that new user location before the new user policy ran.