Black Backgrounds on a Few Managed iPhones

mspikes
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I use a device smart group that includes all iPhones to push a background image. The criteria I am using is Model > is > iPhone. This pushes every month to make sure anyone that changes it will have it set back to the correct background. For some reason, some users reported that their iPhone background has changed to a blank, black background. Pushing the wallpaper change directly to a user's device using the wallpaper change command fixes the issue no problem. What I am trying to find out is why it's happening in the first place and how to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

I would suggest opening a ticket with JAMF. What is probably happening is the image is getting lost/corrupt in the transfer with the command. 

You mentioned you were doing this to set the wallpaper back to the correct wallpaper. Is there a reason you dont have modifying the wallpaper restricted to prevent a user from modifying it?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

I would suggest opening a ticket with JAMF. What is probably happening is the image is getting lost/corrupt in the transfer with the command. 

You mentioned you were doing this to set the wallpaper back to the correct wallpaper. Is there a reason you dont have modifying the wallpaper restricted to prevent a user from modifying it?

mspikes
New Contributor II

Thank you, AJ! I hadn't realized we can disable the changing of wallpapers. I agree with you that the issue likely is happening during the transfer of the command. I have reached out to JAMF.

brandoncampbell
New Contributor

Did you happen to figure out why this was occuring? I am seeing this as well.

No I did not but I figured it would be better to permanently assign a wallpaper and lock out the ability to change it.