Mitch260488
New Contributor II

Hi,

Any idea's with the message below?

Thanks7fddf3e3ac72438cbfc35f44e740aa7c

4 REPLIES 4

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

You're gonna have to give us some info about what you were doing before this appeared. However I see mention of the Master Boot Record (MBR). Macs don't use that partitioning on bootable hard drives. If you are trying to do something on a bootable drive, it needs to be partitioned with the GUID Partition Map scheme.

roiegat
Contributor III

What Casper version are you using?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

aaabd326eb0e497e8f159cbdb661b6b1
@Mitch260488

Ask your TAM if you're running into PI-003061. Composer is broken for capturing OS images since apparently 9.96 when capturing Mac HD and recovery.dmg.

Jamf's suggested solution is to use AutoDMG or remove Recovery HD from the Composer image.

I am currently moving our workflow to AutoDMG. If Jamf doesn't want to support Composer, they should just kill it. If their admin guide is going to say that Composer is supported for capturing base images, IMO, this seems like a pretty large bug.

edit: adding the error I had gotten, little different than yours so maybe it's not same issue

brownni
New Contributor

I'm getting the same error CasperSally is getting using Composer. I selected both the main drive and recovery partition. No error when I select only the main drive.