Can't re-manage in big sur.

MrP
Contributor III

I removed the MDM profile from an 11.0.1 system. Running "jamf manage" reports all the same results in Terminal as a 10.14.6 system. However on the 11.0.1 system, "Profiles" does not show back up in system preferences. I've tried multiple times, reboots, re-enrolling etc. I can remove the profiles from the 10.14.6 system and re-add them using "jamf manage" without issue.

Any ideas?

JAMF Pro 10.26.1

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@MrP A profile can't be installed via command line on macOS Big Sur, so that's why jamf manage doesn't work. To re-enroll you'll need to do user initiated enrollment via https://your.jss.domain:8443/enroll

MrP
Contributor III

Thank you!

MrP
Contributor III

BTW, did you come across that 'gotcha' on it's own, or is there perhaps a source of potential gotchas you'd mind sharing?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

I hadn't seen any posts specifically mentioning jamf manage not working, but the info that Big Sur doesn't allow command line installation of Configuration Profiles has been making the rounds since WWDC 2020 on multiple Mac related sites like Jamf Nation, and the #bigsur channel on the MacAdmins Slack. I'd definitely suggest the latter as a place to look for Big Sur specific issues.