Carbon Black Sensor installer path

MCfreiz
New Contributor III

creating a policy for carbon black sensor. you need to modify the script to give it a path the the package. "CBD_INSTALLER="/Path/Where/PreinstallScript/Downloads/Installer.pkg"

Jamf is running on a windows server and i tried the location "\\vsrvjamf\jamfshare\Packages\CBCloud3.7.1.12 Install.pkg" and "D:\jamfshare\Packages\CBCloud3.7.1.12 Install.pkg" but those didnt work. what should i put there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SCCM
Contributor III

Were are you getting the installers and what version of CB? If you have access to the server there should be a option to export the MacOS pkg installer in a ZIP format (it will have your server details in it). If you can get that file you can just upload that as a ZIP in jamf. Install the ZIP in a policy and it will just install (no need for scripts)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@MCfreiz Can you post some details on the instructions directing you to modify the script with a path? It sounds like the script is trying to run the .pkg install itself rather than have Jamf Pro install the .pkg which is what would normally happen if you added that package as a payload to a deployment policy.

MCfreiz
New Contributor III

Cb Defense: How to Deploy Sensor with Jamf Cloud - Carbon Black Community

hmm, i just read it again and it seems im missing the second script. 

EDIT: actually this was the original artile. Deploying macOS Sensors on Big Sur and Later by using Jamf Pro (vmware.com) but i guess i need that second script from the cloud article to copy the pkg to the client?

EDIT2: you need to use the script because it injects the company code

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@MCfreiz The original article seems to have documentation on the full steps to follow for deploying via Jamf Pro, so I'd suggest following those.

I'll add that the method of creating a .dmg package containing the CB .pkg to get the CB installer on a Mac and then running a script from Jamf Pro to run that installer is extremely inefficient. I'd prefer running that script as a positinstall script in a Composer created .pkg, but it does appear they have documented their process well, so just follow their directions.

The path you need for the script is the one for where the "Create a Package by using Jamf Composer" instructions have you put the CB installer.

SCCM
Contributor III

Were are you getting the installers and what version of CB? If you have access to the server there should be a option to export the MacOS pkg installer in a ZIP format (it will have your server details in it). If you can get that file you can just upload that as a ZIP in jamf. Install the ZIP in a policy and it will just install (no need for scripts)