Casper 9 - are the logs really gone?

p_owen
New Contributor III

Can someone please confirm that the Casper Management Logs (Imaging, Application usage, Remote usage, etc) are gone in version 9?

If so then this is a tough hit for us - we have been reporting metrics from these logs to our management throughout our Casper deployment. I guess now I have some explaining to do...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

p_owen
New Contributor III

Thanks Lutz -

I voted it up and piled on with a comment. Thanks for the tip on the logging page too.

I really miss the Application usage logs. I got a lot of gee-whiz mileage out of those...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lutz
New Contributor

You can still get the logs by looking at individual computer records and clicking on the history tab.

There is a big feature request right now to bring back centralized logging. I recommend voting it up so we can get this back! https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1357

Also, there is a hidden JSS logging page you can get to by adding /logging.html to the end of your JSS URL. This is strictly for JSS events, but something I think is good to know if you're a log reader.

p_owen
New Contributor III

Thanks Lutz -

I voted it up and piled on with a comment. Thanks for the tip on the logging page too.

I really miss the Application usage logs. I got a lot of gee-whiz mileage out of those...