Casper Admin 9.73 in El Capitan "An exception of class NilObjectException

rfreeborn
New Contributor III

8918dbc75d7d427897640a2f98161bc3
Why are we getting "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The Application must shut down." When opening Casper Admin 9.73 in Mac OS X El Capitan? Casper Admin working fine from other versions of Mac OS.

13 REPLIES 13

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

You need Casper 9.81 for OS X 10.11 support.

rfreeborn
New Contributor III

I'm not supporting OS X 10.11 yet, nor have I installed 9.8 JSS yet. I am simply trying to open Casper Admin from my MBAir and MacPro that I have updated to El Capitan.

rhoward
Contributor

You still need 9.81 for that I believe.

rfreeborn
New Contributor III

d8d18b5511d44f999e70e0e1afeef25e
And apparently to run Casper Admin 9.8 from El Capitan you need to have 9.8 JSS installed. So I will have to go back to one of my other computers still running Lion thru Mavericks with 9.73 Casper Admin to manage 9.73 JSS and clients until we move to JSS 9.8 and move all clients to 9.8. Not glad I updated to El Capitan on my laptop and MacPro at this point.

rcarey912
New Contributor II

You just need to get Casper Admin for 9.8.1 and it works fine. You don't have to upgrade the JSS.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@rcarey912 how are you able to get Casper Admin 9.81 to startup when the JSS is on version 9.73? I'm seeing the same splash screen as posted by @rfreeborn and it just exits the program after you click Ok. It would be great to be able to access Casper Admin from my test El Capitan system.

rcarey912
New Contributor II

It works for me...

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

hmm, that's interesting. I wonder what could be preventing it from starting up on my system. Very odd. @rfreeborn are you able to get the Casper Admin 9.81 to startup on a El Capitan system with your JSS version at 9.73?

rfreeborn
New Contributor III

Nope I am still getting the Version Mismatch error.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Just to add some confirmation, I can also get the Version mismatch error here running Casper Admin 9.81 on a 10.11 Mac trying to connect to our production 9.73 JSS. It does not work. I don't know how @rcarey912 is getting it to work, assuming it actually is, but it doesn't seem to work generally speaking.
Not that I'm surprised. I believe its always been this way. You need to have the same version of server and apps.

rfreeborn
New Contributor III

Just to clarify, We have been running Casper Admin 9.73 on Yosemite, Mavericks, Mt. Lion and Lion computers managing our 9.73 JSS for some time. It has only now become issue running Casper Admin 9.73 or 9.81 Casper Admin on the computers we have installed El Capitan on.

EKBCCC
New Contributor

@rcarey912 that does not work. I get the same thing as @mpermann and @rfreeborn

seann
Contributor

I had this problem with 10.11 despite being on Casper 9.81. Overwriting the tools with updated versions gave the same. What fixed it for me was rebooting, deleting the casper suite from /Applications, then copy again from the latest suite DMG.