Casper Imaging freezes at "Preparing disk for block copy"

steventhemacman
New Contributor III

Hi All,

New to Casper, believe I have it set up correctly. Have new Mac Minis we are trying to image with our 10.8 base image. Boot to our netboot server fine (albeit very slowly). I choose the HD, mark erase HD, name it, choose the config and it starts fine, mounts the repository but then as soon as it says "Preparing disk for block copy" I get the spinning beach ball and I have to shut the machine down (even let it sit for an hour to be sure). Also, for some reason no image logs are showing up in JSS. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

I just saw this too today, did you figure it out?

CS_MC
New Contributor

We are seeing this problem too on our 10.8 server. Anyone have any ideas?

Carl

Matt_Fjerstad
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

If we edit the NetBoot image in the Server application, is "Make this image available for diskless booting" checked? This will need to be checked in able for Casper Imaging to unmount the target drive and properly perform block copy.

Matt Fjerstad

steventhemacman
New Contributor III

My system administrator says is checked. I don't have access to double check him. So it is not working as of yet....

kieranbailey
New Contributor

I am having this issue too. Just moved from 10.7 to a 10.8 NetBoot image. Looks like 10.8 image isn't handling the diskless boot too well. This thread helped me: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5416.

Regards
Kieran