Catalina and Outset 3

cgeorge
New Contributor III

I installed Outset v3.0.0 on our new Catalina iMacs, and I'm having a time getting it to run scripts at any Outset triggered event. I installed the Apple Python3 CL Tools per Outset's instructions.

Outset will run if I manually invoke it, but doesn't to run anything at login, either in login-once or login-every.

I've done my usual trick of running

sudo chown -R root:admin /usr/local/outset/
sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/local/outset/

which got it working under Outset v2. In Outset v3, this doesn't seem to help.

Downgrading to Outset v2.0.6 seems to get it working, but with python2 having a short life, I'd prefer to be running Outset v3.

I'm getting this in my system log:

Jul  9 15:41:15 CCB126FMX12M com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.github.outset.on-demand): This key does not do anything: OnDemand
Jul  9 15:41:18 CCB126FMX12M com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.github.outset.login[785]): Service exited with abnormal code: 69

Anyone run into this and have a solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Fattic
New Contributor II

@cgeorge did you ever get this sorted? I've run into the same issue even with the newer version 3.03.

cgeorge
New Contributor III

@Fattic yep, upgrading to Outset 3.0.1 and running

sudo chown -R root:admin /usr/local/outset/
sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/local/outset/

seemed to solve it.

Fattic
New Contributor II

Thanks. I finally got it sorted out for me as well using 3.0.3 but the only Python3 that seems to work correctly with PPPC approvals is Apple's Python3 and not the Python3 from Munki or Python.org (3.9 in my case). I don't care which one we use, but it took some troubleshooting to figure that part out.