Catalina and User-Level Configuration Profiles

luke_reagor
Contributor II

Is anyone able to install a User-Level Configuration Profile on Catalina? Even something as simple as Web Clip will fail to install on Catalina for me. It works fine on Mojave, but not Catalina.

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@luke.reagor Catalina has been no different than Mojave in my experience for deploying User Level Configuration Profiles, but I tend to deploy them via Self Service so that they deploy immediately.

luke_reagor
Contributor II

Well, looks like rebooting fixed my issue. It appears that the user lost its mdmEnabled status even though it shows it in the Jamf gui. Three different Catalina macbooks needed a reboot to work.... weird.

cbd4s
Contributor II

@luke.reagor That is interesting. Does it meann the user level configuration profile deployment only works on MDM Capable Users?

@sdagley When you say they deploy immediately through Self Service, users will need to initiate the installation, right?

luke_reagor
Contributor II

Yes, the user has be an MDM Capable user. https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/372/enabling-mdm-for-local-user-accounts

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@cbd4s Yes, users can initiate install of a User Level Configuration Profile via an item in Self Service. You also have the option to enable user initiated removal of profiles installed that way.