CB Protection "Bit9"

aak782
New Contributor

Anyone has some experience with packaging CB Protection(Bit9) recently. I have approved following team IDs and Kernel extensions via Jamf Pro configuration profile. Just wanted some help with packaging this correctly. 0f1d0ade022e4a5e8ff658c4275aecbe

3 REPLIES 3

mcrispin
Contributor II

You need to get the package/DMG from the server that is managing your organization. I just dump the PKG into /var/tmp/ and run a simple script to install. I believe the reason is that the PKG doesn't like being installed remotely.

steve_summers
Contributor III

For me, I kept getting odd-ball pop-ups and notices about KEXT's even if I had the ext whitelisted and it was on the machine. I removed the display name field and haven't had a message appear since.
878fc6f4dd8347f0b1b145c232b08526

jconte
Contributor II

Here is what we are doing for KEXT :

e19d1d6a138745f5ae639e20c7319daf

As far as installation we are dropping to staging folder and using script to execute.

#!/bin/bash
# This script installs the Carbon Black 6.1.3 client and will uninstall the old client when applicable

# This will uninstall any previously installed McAfee agents, remove comment when ready

/Applications/CarbonBlack/sensoruninst.sh

# This will install the Carbon Black client for Mac's

/usr/sbin/installer -package /Library/Staging/Packages/CarbonBlack6.1.3.80124/CarbonBlackClientSetup.pkg -target /

sleep 15

chflags hidden /Applications/CarbonBlack

exit 0