Check-In Causing Strange Issues

MrR0g3rs
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm pretty new with Jamf and I need some help. Strange things are happening when the computers check-in with Jamf. When the Macs check-in they will blink, which I assume is normal behavior. When this blink happens users are reporting that if they have any application windows minimized in the dock they will maximize on their own. The other, more troubling issue is that if the check-in happens while they happen to be in a video call both incoming and outgoing audio will drop out and the users have to leave the meeting and come back. The first issue is an annoyance but the second one is a real problem. I have the check-in set to the maximum 60 minutes but these issues still happen. Is there anything I can do to make the check-in less intrusive. Is there a setting where I can make it check in once per day unless I force it, for example. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

taylorducharme
New Contributor III

So Im not sure what the "blinking" is but that is not normal.  Check the policies to see what is happening, if there is an install that is set to ongoing that may be causing that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

YanW
Contributor III

Any policy that has "Recurring Check-In" or "Network State Change"? Maybe change it to something less frequent.

In Jamf, look at the computer's History > Policy Logs to see which policy got triggered that caused the issues. 

MrR0g3rs
New Contributor III

Thanks. Finding the correct tuning of Frequency vs Trigger.

taylorducharme
New Contributor III

So Im not sure what the "blinking" is but that is not normal.  Check the policies to see what is happening, if there is an install that is set to ongoing that may be causing that.

Thanks for everyone that helped with this. I had an ongoing policy to install a profile running every hour.

mattedmonds
New Contributor II

Make sure you don't have a policy that has a recurring check-in trigger with an "ongoing" execution frequency.