Chrome Configuration Profile

bizzaredm
Contributor

Hey Everyone!

We have an issue with the new material design download bar in chrome.

Trying to disable the flag

"Enable Material Design download shelf
If enabled, the download shelf uses Material Design. – Mac

mac-md-download-shelf"

Not sure how to get this working in a config profile.. Anyone good with chrome profiles that can help?

5 REPLIES 5

bizzaredm
Contributor

Anyone? :(

Look
Valued Contributor III

If the setting is stored in a plist somewhere you can just capture a copy of the plist with the correct setting, strip out anything not related to that setting and then you should be able to import that as a custom setting in a Configuration profile (although it tells you that you need to run something from the command line to convert it to the correct format first).
We did this with another setting and it seems to be working.

KSchroeder
Contributor

I used PrefSetter to open my com.google.Chrome.plist file, copy it, then modify the copy with the settings I wanted, then uploaded that as a custom profile in a config profile. Works great!

KSchroeder
Contributor

Though...is that setting something that gets saved into the user's plist, or does it go to that other file (errr, can't remember the name, something useful like "Config" or something) that is just a blob of JSON statements that control some of those chrome://flags options?

bizzaredm
Contributor

thanks guys! going to look at prefsetter... its in Flags cant figure out where it saves.