Clearing Teams Login Data / Safari Cache / Wipe Photos - Jamf Pro

MHI
New Contributor

I'm the tech here at a secondary school and fairly new to the Jamf scene.  We're having the issue where students' login data is being stored in teams and bypasses all security measures. Is anyone able to give some straightforward commands I can set up to deploy on a daily basis to clear the cache for all 230 iPads?

It crossed my mind to send out a wipe cmd, but then I've got to manually go around and re-add each iPad to the WIFI and accept the MDM, which isn't doable by myself. 

Microsoft ideal logout doesn't seem to clear the data, only logs them out.

It would also be good to clear internet history and cache as we use a number of sites that students have clicked autofill.

2 REPLIES 2

techjason
Contributor

@MHI Off the top of my head, I cannot think of anything to help with what you want to do, although I can see where I could use this too. But I might have an option for Teams. 

I want to start this out with I have not tried this, and I am not sure what the results will be. However, it was the first thing that came to my mind. This is still a little bit of a manual process, but it is much better than doing a full wipe and dealing with the issues you mentioned.

1. Create a device group of the iPad you want to do the reset on.
  2. At the end of the day, or designated time, add the group to the scope exclusion for the Mobile Device App entry for the app. This should remove it from the device; I am not exactly sure what happens to the data. 
  3. At a designated time, you can remove the group from the exclusion list. 
    1. If it is an auto-install app, it should re-install.
    2. If it is a Self-Service install app, the user needs to go and re-install it. 

I hope that this helps. 

YanW
Contributor III

Are these iPad 1:1 or shared?