Cloud Services Connection Error: Incorrect Jamf ID email address or password

uni_jamf
New Contributor II

Hi there, I've been sitting with this issue for a couple weeks now with no end in site with support, so I figured I'd ask others. We've just started up our Jamf Pro tenant. When we attempt to enable the Cloud Services Connection and input the Jamf ID email address and password, it throws an error saying "Incorrect Jamf ID email address or password". There's only one user in the tenant, the same admin account that set everything up, and that's the jamf ID address and password I'm using. 

Support has had me try different test accounts and even reset the tenant, but it hasn't changed anything, and I can't seem to find any record of others having this issue. Has no one else run into this problem? This is holding back our implementation projections in a big way given the slow speed of support's communication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uni_jamf
New Contributor II

Got on the phone with support and eventually it was fixed. I'm not sure if anyone knew what the precise cause was, but I'm pleased to have had this taken care of. Thanks to all who offered assistance!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

This issue with the Jamf Pro Cloud Services Connection can be caused by a few different factors. Here are some suggestions that might help resolve the issue:

1. Verify the Jamf ID email address and password: Double-check that you are using the correct email address and password for your Jamf ID account.

2. Ensure the account has the necessary permissions: Your Jamf ID account must have the necessary permissions to manage the Cloud Services Connection in Jamf Pro. Make sure that the account has the "Cloud Services" role assigned in Jamf Pro.

3. Check the network connection: Ensure that your network connection is stable and that there are no firewalls or other security measures blocking the connection to Jamf's servers.

4. Disable any security software: Temporarily disable any security software (e.g. antivirus software) that may be blocking the connection.

Hi Jay! Thanks for the suggestions. I've attempted all of these, but unfortunately the problem remains. I've also tried doing it across a variety of devices and browsers on different networks, etc. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Are you using your JAMF Nation Credentials? That is what this area wants.

On a side note. Where yes you need one "master account" for JAMF, you should never use this account. You need to get your own account setup with access, and put the password for the "master account" in a password vault of some sort and never use it again unless something massive breaks.

uni_jamf
New Contributor II

Hi AJ! Thanks for the insight there, it wasn't clear which password it needed. Unfortunately, the problem still remains even using jamf nation credentials (I again attempted it on the master account and my admin account to be certain).

Also thank you for the advice about the master account. We preferred to use it to setup the cloud connector just in case it ties that functionality to an account (though if it just wants a jamf id to grab push certificates, that's probably not something we need to worry about), so after this we won't be using it at all aside from any further setup needs.

uni_jamf
New Contributor II

Thank you both so much for the replies and logistical advice! I'll follow up on these suggestions and report back.

uni_jamf
New Contributor II

Got on the phone with support and eventually it was fixed. I'm not sure if anyone knew what the precise cause was, but I'm pleased to have had this taken care of. Thanks to all who offered assistance!

karthikeyan_mac
Valued Contributor

I notice this error today and raise a support request with Jamf.