Combining Sites.

ekarazhov
New Contributor III

Is there a way of combining sites in to one group? Here is the example. I want to deploy an application, in one of the options i need to select a site name. if a computer in that site it will get that application. but what if i want to deploy the same application to a different computer that was assigned to a different site? I don't see an option of selecting multiple sites.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jbisgett
Contributor II

I don't believe you can select multiple sites on the same policy. You would need to handle it 1 of two ways:
1) Clone the policy, change the policy name (usually i just append the site), change the associated site to the second site, and check the scope. This way, you will have two policies that do that same thing, specific to each site.
2) If you wish to use only one policy, then you would need to set the site to None on the policy, and set the scope to be smart groups for each site. You would need two smart groups, one searching for desired devices in each site.

View solution in original post

epomelow
New Contributor III

Another option to do this is assign a building or department to the devices in that site. When you create a policy you can scope it to the computer of that building or department. This assumes you are not using the department or building field. What I've done is set all devices in the one of my sites to a campus building, then I can scope the policy to that. It avoids having a smart group if you want.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jbisgett
Contributor II

I don't believe you can select multiple sites on the same policy. You would need to handle it 1 of two ways:
1) Clone the policy, change the policy name (usually i just append the site), change the associated site to the second site, and check the scope. This way, you will have two policies that do that same thing, specific to each site.
2) If you wish to use only one policy, then you would need to set the site to None on the policy, and set the scope to be smart groups for each site. You would need two smart groups, one searching for desired devices in each site.

epomelow
New Contributor III

Another option to do this is assign a building or department to the devices in that site. When you create a policy you can scope it to the computer of that building or department. This assumes you are not using the department or building field. What I've done is set all devices in the one of my sites to a campus building, then I can scope the policy to that. It avoids having a smart group if you want.