Config Profile: Energy Saver

rforehand
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue that has left me wondering where I am going wrong with what I thought would be a fairly straight forward task.

I want to set a config profile to put all machines to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity. I have the following CP created with the exact same settings for desktops and portables, battery or power adapter. In looking at my logs, and at the profiles installed locally and show that this has pushed out successfully. However, when I look at the Energy Saver System Preferences, machines are set to 30 mins as they should be, but are allowed to make changes to this setting when I hoped that once installed, it would grey this option out as it did when I pushed out the screen saver preferences.

Thoughts?4c6ab1e7b4b140fe9a75de83e3958838
b61b1fcebd064b72884dd58f50df63a4

6 REPLIES 6

rqomsiya
Contributor III

The options won't be greyed out. This is normal behavior.

If you try to make changes to those settings and exit out of Sys Prefs and re-open, you'll notice they will revert back to the config profile settings.

rforehand
New Contributor

c8b8d66f794044d98538baa293043a24
I just tested this by adjusting the slider to 15 mins, exited Sys Prefs and waited 2 mins. When I go back in, they are still at 15 mins instead of the 30 I set them to in my config profile.

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Do you have another payload that is also using the energy settings?

rforehand
New Contributor

The only other Config Profile I have in place manages the screensaver at 20 mins and enforces a password to be entered.9387a5094422455a94f718a06809f754

alexisvaughn
New Contributor

This is happening to me also, @rforehand . My Energy Saving payload doesn't seem to work and the user can change all settings.

viktor_filipsso
New Contributor

+1 on this one.
It seems that the config profile reapplies the setting at login (not when unlocking from lock screen).

But between logins users seems to be able to control the settings.