Config Profiles failing after success

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I'm seeing a strange thing here where config profiles I've successfully pushed to all the computers weeks or months ago are randomly showing up as Failed even though I have not made any changes or re-pushed them to the computers again. I only see it on a small number of computers. On some occasions, the Failed flags clear themselves while others persist. When I check the computers that are flagged as Failed, they DO have the current version of the config profiles. I know that If I removeMdmProfile and then re-add via mdm and manage, that forces it to be "successful". I'm stumped as to why this is happening. It doesn't appear to be causing any problems so I don't necessarily want to open a support ticket for it yet, but has anyone else seen this? We're still on JSS 9.81

2 REPLIES 2

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Yes, I saw this same thing with a couple of my profiles going out to large number of Macs (thousands). It always annoyed me cause I saw the red color on my JSS Dashboard every morning, but everything was fine. I ended up living with it.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

For those who might be wondering, these are usually what the errors say in JSS.

Install Configuration Profile USB drive Read-only   The operation couldn’t be completed. (CPProfileManager error 134030.)   
Install Configuration Profile 802.1x CERT+WiFi  The 'Wi-Fi Network' payload could not be installed. The 802.1X service could not be updated.

I keep wondering why it's trying to re-push the config profiles when they were already installed weeks or months ago.