Configuration Profile Issues

taugust04
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

I used a Configuration Profile to send down software update server settings to clients that had a typo in it. I have since revoked the profile, and sent down a new one with the proper settings. However, some of my clients are still error-ing out when the policy runs to check and install software updates on the clients, and it's using the old URL that was in the old configuration profile. I've verified that the new configuration profile has been installed.

Any idea on where this information is cached so that I can clear it out? I've already cleared out /Library/Caches and ~/Library/Caches and restarted a few times and it still isn't working. I also forced an update of the mdm and mcx settings using the jamf tool, but still no success. Is this an issue where the profile is still cached somewhere I'm not seeing it, or just the software update server setting being cached somewhere I can't access it. I'm stumped!

FYI - Running JSS 8.73, OS X 10.8.5 on the clients. Verified through terminal and System Preferences > Profiles that the proper profile with the proper settings is installed.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

lcutrell
New Contributor II

Try removing the folders located inside /Library/Managed Preferences/

Logout then back in

taugust04
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the advice @lcutrell][/url… I had tried that on a couple of computers having the issue without success.

In any event, it looks like the resolution to this problem is… time. I deleted the profile entirely from the JSS, and slowly but surely, I'm getting fewer errors each day when systems check in to do software updates. I imagine this is a combination of the systems checking in with the JSS, caches expiring, and restarts occurring, and the proper settings eventually replacing the incorrect ones.

It also doesn't help that the SUS built into OS X 10.9 Server 3.0.1 is still on the buggy side, of which the troubleshooting of client connections to the SUS indirectly caused this issue in the first place.