Configuration Profile SCEP/WiFi fails

HollyShort
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a configuration profile for certificates, SCEP configuration and WiFi configuration. It works fine as long as only one network is configured but as soon as I configure more than one it fails with " <NSOSStatusErrorDomain:-67846>". I can't find anything while googling this error and I don't know whether there are any logs where I can see more information.

All networks need 802.1x authentication, therefore I only want to use one configuration profile as I heard that there can be problems when I configure the same payloads in different profiles.
Can anyone help me?

7 REPLIES 7

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

The main issues with multiple profiles for one settings are when there are conflicts. In this case you'd be adding two separate WiFi networks so I would still test it with separate profiles. It might be ok in this case.

HollyShort
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply! Just to make sure I understood correctly: It would also be no problem to configure the same SCEP config and the same certificates in both profiles because I need them for the WiFi config?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Ah, that might be an issue if the client installs two certificates that are the same. I would probably test it in case the OS is smart enough to work it out, but it's looking less likely to be an option now.

HollyShort
New Contributor

Alright, I'll just give it a try and tell you the result :)

HollyShort
New Contributor

Unfortunately, this is no solution as we get three certificate requests now.
It's a pity that I can't configure SCEP in one profile, the certificates in a second profile and the WiFi in a third one which refers to the others.

Do you know if there are any logfiles for the configuration profiles which i might miss so that I can try to find out why three WiFis in one profile don't work?

Not applicable

see below

ftiff
Contributor

Hi @HollyShort

Perhaps it's related to this one:
https://maclovin.org/blog-native/2017/making-sense-of-nsosstatuserrordomain-67846

Have a nice day,
François