Configuration profiles trigged by values in extension attributes

jamflund
New Contributor III

I wonder if someone using to trigger configurations profiles in Jamf Pro through mobile device smart groups depending on values in extension attributes . If yes i would like to know about your experience.

For example: An iPad has been implemented with PreStage enrollment. In JamfPro, the attribute with the "Teacher" role is selected for the device. The configuration profile associated with the "Teacher" attribute is triggered and installed on the device.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

We do this and it works well. We have a 'Purpose of iDevice' EA that will install different WiFi Configuration profiles. We also have 'tmprmv' EAs that when you set them to Yes populates a Smart Group that is an Exception to the Config profile, and it will uninstall.

jamflund
New Contributor III

Thanks for replay. When we have many schools (150) I have thought what is the best place to handle such a quantity via a sustainable structure in Jamf that can be used later and that would work for administration people in Jamf. I don't know if Jamf handles faster values listed under buildings and departments against values that you yourself create via extension attributes. Maybe it's not a significant difference?